Tuesday, September 8, 2015

(e)Motions of Pain



(e)Motions of Pain
Ray Lechelt 2015
Raster Based Software Self Portrait










(e)Motions of Pain, a self portrait made in Adobe photoshop cs6. 
This piece is less of a literal self portrait, as I approached the very concept of as an extension beyond my physical body and recognizable features, in an attempt representing my actions.
The figures themselves do not necessarily represent me as a portrait, but rather the positions they hold on the picture plain. The figures are shown doing my daily physical therapy stretches to relieve pain and strengthen my core to prevent future injuries. Pain is always tied to my emotional state, as it is with most people; if I'm in such pain that I cannot move, its extremely unlikely that I will be in a good mood. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment